118 N 3rd St Catawissa, PA 17820 | Emergency: 911 | Non-emergency: 570-784-6300 (Columbia County Emergency Management Agency) | Station: 570-356-7102
The mission of the Catawissa Borough Police Department is to protect and serve the residents and visitors of Catawissa Borough in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania by upholding and enforcing the local, State and Federal laws. The department will meet the standards established for this purpose by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and the Borough of Catawissa. This department intends to provide these services through cost effective organization, policies and procedures set forth by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and the Borough of Catawissa.
- How can I contact a police officer for help?
In an emergency, call 911. For a non-emergency, call 570-784-6300, which is the Col. County EMA Dispatch Center. You may also call the police station at 570-356-7102.
- How can I use the Borough’s drug take-back drop-box?
If you have old or no longer needed medication (prescription, over the counter, vitamins, etc.) please DO NOT flush them into the sewer system. Take them to the Catawissa Police Department at 118 N. Third Street and place them into the drop box in the lobby. They will be disposed of properly.
- What is the policy on the release of personal property?
The following policy is in effect relating to the release of personal property:
1. The release of personal property held as part of an investigation is dependent on the status of the case, and will require an appointment with the Chief of Police or his designee, made 24 hours in advance.
2. Officers are NOT permitted to hold or transfer property relating to any civil matter or dispute.
3. Individuals must produce photo ID to obtain released property.
4. Property will not be released to any person other than the actual owner, unless prior arrangements have been made or written notification from the owner has been received.
-Per Chief of Police Joshua J. Laidacker, 2-9-2016