The Borough of Catawissa has hired Penn Strategies to create an Economic Development Plan, which will focus on rebuilding the Borough.
The Catawissa Borough Stakeholder Advisory Committee will bring together individuals with a variety of experience, to create a group which is representative of the community we live and work in. Although representatives from both the Borough and Penn Strategies will be present, this is very much your committee, with the staff members on hand to serve as advisors to the team.
Your knowledge, expertise, and experience will provide valuable feedback for the Borough as we move forward with public outreach and education, and as we develop an implantation strategy. Most importantly, you will be part of a team getting the message out to other key stakeholders and the general public, and bringing community concerns back to the team for consideration.
Responsibilities of each Stakeholder Advisory Committee member include:
- Reviewing materials and identifying key concerns and issues
- Providing and presenting input, advice, and feedback on the pertinent issues
- Exploring potential areas of agreement around key issues
- Proving advice on the most effective way of involving the public at key points in the project
- Assisting Borough leaders in achieving the identified goals of the Economic Development Plan
- Participating in all meetings (which are expected to last for approximately and hour and a half)
The Borough and Penn Strategies is seeking 5 to 6 people with a passion/interest in the Catawissa Borough to volunteer. You do not need to be a resident of the Borough to participate. You will be required to attend a meeting once a month for 6 months. All interested parties please submit a letter of interest to the Catawissa Borough Office, 307 Main Street, Catawissa, PA 17820.