‘Dumpster Day’ will be held again this year, on Saturday, April 29th from 8 am -12 noon. Residents and homeowners in Catawissa Boro and Township may drop off items at the CARA park location with proof of identification. Items accepted include furniture, used appliances (refrigerant removed), metal items, and electronics (but not televisions).
Following is a list of items NOT accepted. If you have questions, call the Boro office at 570-356-2561.
- NO general household garbage
- NO tires
- NO televisions
- NO propane cylinders
- NO paint cans
- NO containers with hazardous waste
- NO appliances still containing refrigerant
- NO tree limbs
- NO organic composting materials
- NO recylables (use containers already on-site)
Dumpster day is for residents and property owners in Catawissa Boro and Catawissa Township ONLY. Anyone dropping off items must show current identification:
- Catawissa Boro and Catawissa Township residents: current driver’s license
- Catawissa Boro and Catawissa Township property owners (includes landlords): current proof of ownership, e.g. property tax bill or receipt
Please note: Anyone without proper current identification will be turned away.
Residents — use Creek Road, from the Catawissa Creek bridge side, and drive toward CARA park to enter the drop-off area. Signs will be posted.
Thank you for your cooperation!